Google Panda algorithm has revolutionized the way of SEO, encourage individuals or businesses that follow the search engines rule and no more space for Black Hat SEO. It also encourages both individuals and businesses that rely on traffic from Google search results, to begin to switch to using Google Adwords paid search results to get lead generation.
To learn SEO will not remain same as before but it keep changes, it’s because only the great steps were taken by Google. With the change in the Google algorithm, SEO will continue to grow. The best way today is not necessarily able to be used in the hereinafter, if you are still using previous techniques which used before Google Panda algorithm started, then you may be exposed to the Google penalty.
History of Google Panda Algorithm
Google Panda algorithm keeps updates since 2011. Various Panda updates that are performed are as follows:
Panda 1.0: Filtering of search directed to websites that have poor quality content (Content Farming). This update is primarily intended to US sites.
Panda 2.0: This update affects the international queries like google.co.uk and google.com.au also English queries in the State of non-English sites like google.cn, google.fr when a search using the English language.
Panda 2.1 - 2.4: This is a minor update which Google more to help measure the quality of the site. The content and pages that have a low quality will be subject to a penalty and conversely those who have high-quality content and pages will get better rankings.
Panda 3.0: Filter searches this version makes big sites become higher in SERP. Google became more frequent updating their algorithms.
Panda 4.0: Update about 20 may 2014, Mats Cutts tweets that Google Panda 4.0 is the next generation Panda. And this shows who should be the winners and losers.
How to Deal with Google Panda Algorithm
Google algorithm now more accurate to know which sites are spamming and which sites are useful for users. Before Google Panda algorithm, which have low-quality content can get high rankings. Therefore, Google Panda was launched, to eradicate those sites.
A website that does:
- Content Farming: Often a company that has many authors create content aimed at getting popular in search engines, with quality ranging from high quality to low quality. Google took action against this type of techniques. Google’s aim is to provide content and posts that are relevant to user’s interest and need.
- Duplicate Content: Duplicate content is content that appears on the internet more than one place (URL) both within the site itself or any other website. When there is content that looks similar to a search engine makes it difficult to determine which content is relevant for users.
So those websites which provide duplicate content to search engines that are less relevant, it makes site owners get a loss in declining rating and decrease organic traffic. When duplicate content discovered by the Google crawler, the algorithm will analyze the website and give him a penalty.
So if you want to blogging forever then it’s my advice, avoid any form of content duplication. Always focus on writing unique, rich and user-friendly content, the content which helping and provide solutions for the world.
Below are some steps to avoid duplicate content:
Use Rel = "canonical". Rel = "canonical" is a tag that serves to notify the crawler, which URL is actually a genuine document of several pages that have the same content, usually common in online shopping sites. Sites that often provide the same content on multiple URLs should use the tag rel = "canonnical", is that Google can choose which URLs should be displayed in the search results.
For example on the product page online shop site:
With the same product but has a dynamic URL due reference search / user session.
URL. 1 https://www.websitename.com/products?category=t-shirt&color=red
URL. 2 https:// websitename.com/t-shirt/red?gclid=ABCD
URL. 3 https://www. websitename.com/t-shirt/red/red-t-shirt.html
Canonical tags are HTML tags that are inserted in the Head section of the website. Examples are:
[quote_box_center]<Link href = "http://www. websitename.com/canonical-version-of-page/" rel = "canonical" />[/quote_box_center]
How Do I Post Rel Tag = "canonical" Self Hosting WordPress Website?
The trick is as follows:
Themes entrance to the editor in the Appearance -> Editor
Then select header.php
Enter the following code before the <? Php wp_head (); ?></Head>:
[quote_box_center]<? Php if (is_home () || is_single () || is_page ()):?><Link rel = "canonical" href = "<? Php the_permalink ()?>"><? Php endif; ?>[/quote_box_center]
See the following picture.
Save the changes.
- Meta tags are irrelevant: Meta Tag is extremely important for a website, so it is essential for setting up the meta tags correctly.
Below is how to add meta tags relevant to the pages of the site:
If you are using self WordPress hosting, a lot of plugins that offer to make a meta tag on the site dashboard. Currently, a plugin named Ultimate SEO Plugin is very good for meta tag use.
How to install the Ultimate WordPress SEO plugin is as follows:
When you publish any post or page via admin dashboard the plugin will automatically be there at the bottom.
Tips to Write Optimized Meta Tags
Make a Title Tag that is Relevant to your Article Content: Use page titles, phrases that include the main keywords. Be careful to not overdo optimization, writing title uses 70 characters maximum.
Take advantage of your Credibility: When writing Meta description, improve search results that gave influence to the user. If your brand name is quite popular then you can use them in Meta description. As the example below:
So the question is what to exploit the credibility of the brand will affect the search rankings? There are many factors that determine search rankings. And using brand credibility is positive values in helping users find the right solution, back in goal-focused Google provide the most relevant answers. I agree if the credibility of the brand can affect the search, although I do not know whether the Hummingbird can understand the meaning of this credibility.
Avoid Duplicate Title and Description Tags: Do not use the same title and description tags on all pages of the website. Create a title and description which is unique and represent content. Perhaps unique writing will take enough time, but believe me it will rank at the top in search engine.
The Power of keyword in Description: Keep meta description short, specific, sweat, and attract attention. Writing meta description maximum of 156 characters, add the words that describe the page content, give a good reason to users why they should click on your site in the search result. Do not mislead users by providing irrelevant meta description, which has no relation to the content of the page as will potentially lose prospective visitors to the site.
- High Bounce Rate: Bounce rate is the percentage of single-page visits session, where people leave the site of the first page he entered without any interaction with the web page. High Bounce rate level is a sign that the visitors do not consider your site as useful, because they did not find anything they are looking for from the website.
What is the average bounce rate? According The Tricks Peak post, very good level is between 26-40%. 41-55% is an average rate, 56-70% already exceeds the average. More than 70% of the site bounce rate level should be worried.
The Reason Why the Any Website Has High Bounce Rate.
There are many factors that lead to the website to high bounce rate such as:
Single page site: If only has 1 page of the website, at risk of having a high ratio of bounce rate. Because users only interact with that page alone.
Website design and usability: The basic factor that causes a site has high bounce rate is, how the design is the website according to user usability. If site design makes it difficult to find what they are looking for, immediately, they leave the site and Google assumes that website does not have useful content.
- Low Returning Visitor: If the site is visited by visitors only just once, it is a signal to Google that the site is entirely irrelevant to the user.
How do I motivate the visitors to visits to the site again?
Below are simple steps how to optimize your pages in order to get returning visitors:
- a) Increase the speed of loading the site: In an effort to get returning visitors, it is important serve users by presenting the web page quickly. According MOZ" site speed really affects the ranking of search results". By making the site load faster can make visitors stay longer and allows come back again in the future.
How Can Optimize The Speed of a Website?
Website page speed is very important both your reader and Google. If site has good spead then it is poseable you get at first postion of SERP. Here are my another post, how do your blog appear in the first page of SERP. You can also use W3 Total Cach Plugin. In addition, use CDN (content delivery network) my recommendation is CloudFlare because it is free, reliable and next generation CDN.
- b) Be Helpful: The most important and proven way to get the visitor come back to he website, helping others solve problems.
How to improve Quality Score Panda Algorithm
To get a higher score, please study the following equation Panda's quality score.
As I mentioned in my earlier post why Google relevant search for us, it is because Google’s aim is to clear and relevant search result for Googlers. That’s why it taken action against those spammers and bad sites which have no value for users. We have to follow the Panda quality equation to help the site avoid the penalty. These equations are:
Static Element+Quality Checks+User Experience=Panda Quality Score.
For the first ever, Google is paying attention to the user experience on your site. That's why it's Site Wide Penalty.
If you can convince Google that your visitors LOVE your site. then Google will send you more visitors!
a. Static Element
About Us - About us page is a crucial page that must be owned by each site and this page can be raised or lowered Panda quality score. About us page that only contains a few sentences, Google can assume that website is a low quality website. So do the updates page with minimum 300 words.
Contact – Contact us page is an important element and a contact page should have content form.
Terms Of Service – It is important to make this page unique. Make rules of terms of service. Arrange this page is unique and write in depth of at least 300 to 400 hundred words or as far as possible the content of this page is interesting to read.
b. Quality Checks
Google really appreciate a good user experience and therefore Google will measure user engagement on the site. It is very important for a website using the appropriate codes which does not match the HTML code, CSS code is damaged, defective Java script, errors in PHP. These can provide a bad experience to users.
c. User Experience
When you want to develop a site remember the user experience elements focus on the needs of users, after improve the user experience, the site will be free from the Google penalty.
In improving user experience following things need to do is mapping the factors.
- How quickly the pages load? If the website page has a speed of less than 3 seconds, site means good. But if more than 3 seconds should immediately make repairs. Look for things which have the burden on site.2. How is the navigation system? If the user can not easily navigate from every part of the site, it needs improvement.
- Is the content providing a solution? Content can provide user satisfaction through engagement they had shown, such as: whether they read the content? do they comment? They are willing to share content on their social media.
- Whether visitors come back to the website? if the contents have good quality then defiantly will get returning visitors who are looking for other information. But if not then the quality score will decrease.