Almost every person uses wireless headphones now, as it is convenient. For example, without additional cables, you can listen to music or podcasts while walking, cycling, or just jogging. Headsets from various manufacturers are available for sale, but AirPods are the most popular. Because the manufacturer of these headphones is Apple, many people have an understandable question: how to connect AirPods to Android. It’s very simple, you don’t even have to install additional applications and perform complex actions!
How to connect AirPods to Android phones?
It is necessary to make a reservation that AirPods are ordinary wireless headphones that connect to a device via Bluetooth. And here it doesn’t matter what operating system is installed on your smartphone or tablet. So it is possible to pair the Apple headset with an Android phone and through the standard settings options. We have compiled step-by-step instructions, so we recommend that you familiarize yourself with it:
- Open the smart phone settings.
- Go to the “Bluetooth” section and move the slider to the right next to the corresponding item. You can also activate the option through the quick access shutter by opening it, and then clicking on the icon with the logo of the desired mode.
- We open the case where the AirPods themselves are located. Note that before starting pairing, the headphones must be returned to the case if you removed them from there before.
- On the back of the case, we find an almost invisible button. It is easy to feel it. We hold it down, and then we wait a few seconds until the white or green indicator lights up. It all depends on what generation your headset is.
- We return to the phone, or rather to the “Bluetooth” tab. Refreshing the page and see that the name of Apple headphones has appeared on the list with available devices. Click on it to perform pairing. If the connection is made for the first time, then in the window that appears, you will need to select “Accept”.
And that’s it, now you can listen to music through AirPods connected to your Android smartphone. Here the principle of action is standard – click on the desired track and adjust the volume. You can also chat on the phone, record voice messages, and use other features of the wireless headset. But several nuances should be paid attention to.
Features of using AirPods with Android
As you know, AirPods are primarily designed for Apple smartphones, so Android phone owners may face certain restrictions. Firstly, the Siri voice assistant will be completely inaccessible, but you can use the rest of the assistants, but only after additional configuration.
Secondly, if you take the earpiece out of your ear, the melody will continue to play. To stop a track, you need to manually open the player on your smartphone, and then press the pause button. But this flaw can be fixed by installing the AndroPods app. It allows you to customize the wireless headset in detail, including turning on the display of the charge in the status bar and activating some gestures.
So, we took a quick look at how to connect AirPods to Android correctly. As practice shows, it is almost always possible to pair with headphones the first time. If you still have additional questions, then ask them in the comments. We will try to answer them and help you solve the problem!