Smartphones are not made for only make calls but You can install almost any application for study or work on a smartphone, as well as a messenger or client of a popular social network. Moreover, such devices perfectly replace a computer, allowing you to watch videos or movies. It’s just that it’s extremely inconvenient to do this on a small screen, so many people connect their phone via Wi-Fi to a TV. Let’s see how to enable Miracast on Android and display the image and videos from the smartphone screen to a SmartTV.
What is streaming on Android?
Previously, to connect a smartphone to a TV, you had to use an HDMI cable, which caused certain inconveniences. For example, the cord could be damaged, and the device must have been at a close distance to the monitor. But a few years ago, third-party developers introduced technology for remote transmission of information, called Miracast.
For this option to work, the TV and the phone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. There are no more restrictions. After activating the mode, it will be possible to display the image and videos from the smartphone on the TV screen or another monitor. That is, you can watch TV shows or play games on the large display.
How to enable Miracast on Android?
So, in this section, we proceed to its activation on the smartphone. Note that the broadcast is only available to users of smartphones with Android 4.2 and higher. Unfortunately, outdated phones do not allow image and video transmission to the TV screen. So, if you have an updated smartphone, you can enable Miracast, follow these steps:
- Open the settings.
- Go to the “Connection and Sharing” section.
- Go to the “Broadcast” tab.
- Next to the item “Broadcast”, move the slider to the right to activate the mode.
- Now turn on Wi-Fi on the TV and go to the menu with a connection to the phone. If you having difficulty finding this option, comment bellow your SmartTv Model and manufacturer name I will suggest the ways of option, or I also recommend that you read the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Find the TV model in the list on the smartphone and click on it.
- Wait for the smartphone to connect to the TV.
You can also use the “Wireless Display” option. It practically does not differ from the previous version and allows you to display the image from the phone to a computer monitor or TV. Here’s how to enable it in the settings:
- Open the “Connection and Sharing” tab.
- Go to the “Wireless Display” section.
- Next to the item of the same name, move the slider to the right.
- In the list, we find the model of your TV or monitor and connect.
And if your phone cannot start screen broadcasting through the settings, then you can install the Miracast application from the Play Store. After the installation is complete, open the utility, click on the “Connect” button and select the name of the TV or monitor from the list.
So now you know how to enable Miracast on Android. All options and control can be found in the settings of the smartphone, so there shouldn’t be any problems. And if you still have questions, be sure to write them in the comments. We will try to answer them and help you!