Today it is impossible to live a day without going online
But there are various threats in the form of tracking user activity on the Internet and this is depressing. However, there are ways to protect yourself. VPN (Virtual Private Network) service is a great way to provide a secure online network connection. The VPN also allows you to protect your browsing history and access to content that is blocked or limited at the regional level.
In this article, we will consider the TOP-3 of the best VPN services in 2020! first, you need to understand what does a VPN does?. So let’s go!
Each of your devices (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) has its unique IP address, which tells the services who you are, what you are doing and where you are. A VPN is located between your device and the Internet service provider (ISP).
When a user logs on to the network, the VPN “spoofs” the device’s IP address. Everything that you do on the network, first goes through a VPN, then to the router – as a result, your router (and everything that is outside of your device) thinks that you have a different identity.
A VPN is very useful when you plan to connect to the Internet through an insecure connection (a network that does not ask for your password), for example, in a cafe, because it stores all kinds of information about you (for example, the history of visited pages and any data you transmit) .
A VPN even has other features, such as access to content, which may be limited geographically, as it allows you to view the contents of web pages as if you are in another place (city, country, continent).
How to choose the right VPN
If you have chosen a free VPN, it’s simple enough to start working with it: just select a VPN service, register on the website of the developer company and download the client.
Here are a few features to consider when choosing a VPN.
- Many servers: the more servers the VPN service has, the higher the connection speed and, as a rule, you will have more options for connecting to the selected country. This means that you most likely will not have to deal with buffering problems.
- Multi-device connectivity: if you need to connect more than one device to VPN simultaneously, you need more power. The best VPNs allow you to connect up to 5 devices at the same time, if not more.
- Ease of use: for beginners in a VPN, it’s important to have a clean and well-defined interface, as well as easy access to customer support. For experienced users, an application that is customizable and allows you to work with additional functions, such as a network switch, data compression (for mobile devices) and automatic HTTPS redirection, will be convenient.
- Great security and no registration. Good VPN services will not track, register or sell your personal information – for example, which websites you visited. They also guarantee that they protect you with strong encryption (256-bit AES) and regular security checks – the most important criterion when choosing a VPN in 2020!
To make life easier for my readers, I picked up TOP-3 of the best free VPN services in 2020 . You can not worry, they are completely safe!
- ExpressVPN – the best in my opinion
ExpressVPN is my choice of the fastest and most powerful VPN service. It is great for getting through any blocked websites and protecting your computer.
Even more impressive is the fact that the service is available on a wide variety of platforms: Mac, Windows, Linux, Android and iOS.
Want your smart TVs, routers and game consoles to be protected by VPN? In ExpressVPN have their firmware for them , as well as extensions for browsers. The Android app works even on a Chromebook .
As for the enhanced version, ExpressVPN also offers split tunneling, a network lock switch, server speed tests, zero-knowledge DNS, and unlimited bandwidth.
ExpressVPN has tons of tutorials and manuals that you can learn, as well as 24-hour online chat support, so you can get started right away.
- Tunnelbear – Best Budget VPN
An extremely user-friendly interface, this is a great option for those who are not familiar with VPNs. Its free access is limited to 500 MB per month, and if you need more, the cheapest subscription option starts at $ 4.95 per month, giving you unlimited secure access to up to 5 devices and priority customer service.
Tunnelbear is a simpler and less powerful VPN service, but it is a great option for beginners and those who don’t care about the many settings and advanced features. It has only about 22 server seats and 1800 servers, so it is comfortable for working in a cafe, but probably not ideal for active users.
Tunnelbear is also available on Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android, and there are browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
- IPVanish – the best VPN for connecting multiple devices
If you need to connect multiple devices to a VPN at the same time, IPVanish ($ 10 / month) is the perfect choice for your purpose. With it, you can connect up to 10 devices at the same time without problems.
This VPN service has convenient applications for all platforms and devices: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Chrome OS, Fire TV and WiFi routers.
All applications are feature rich and feature options such as automatic IP address switching . One of the main disadvantages of IPVanish is that its interface is not as accessible and intuitive as others – therefore, it may not be the best choice for novice users.
Nevertheless, thanks to round-the-clock customer support, users can quickly get answers to questions when they need it most.
We reviewed the TOP-3 of the best free VPN services in 2020, each of which has its advantages and disadvantages, which can be solved, for the most part, by purchasing advanced access or a premium account.