If you just log in to an existing WhatsApp account on a new device, the history from the old device will not load. Now you will learn 2 ways to solve this problem and continue communication from exactly where you left off, without unnecessary difficulties.
Option 1: Using Google Drive
WhatsApp has the ability to make a copy and save it to Google Drive. This feature is ideal for transferring chats to your new device:
- Before you "move" to a new phone, open the WhatsApp application, and tap on the three dots icon.
- Go to Settings> Conversations> Chat Backup.
- In the next window, you can manually select individual chats or configure the creation of a backup copy of conversations automatically at any frequency. Now when you install this application on your new smartphone, the messenger will offer to “get” chats and files from Google Drive.
This is the most convenient and fastest way to transfer correspondence to another phone.
Option 2: Create a copy of chats manually
For those who do not use Google Drive, a different method is suitable:
- Settings> Chats & Calls> Copy Chats.
- Save a copy to a memory card if your smartphone supports it.
- Take out the SD card, insert it into the prepared smartphone, restore chats.
What to do for smartphone users without a memory card:
- Take a USB cable and connect your device to your PC / laptop.
- Find the WhatsApp / Database smartphone folder on your PC or laptop. A previously saved copy is located here. The searched file looks something like this: "msgstore-2020-04-28.db.crypt".
- Transfer the file with the required data to your computer to any convenient folder.
- Now install WhatsApp, but don't open the app!
- Connect a new smartphone to a PC or laptop via a USB cable. The WhatsApp / Databases directory should have appeared already. If not, create the folder yourself.
- Transfer the file with the backup copy of your chats to it.
- Only now can WhatsApp be launched.
- The screen should display a message stating that a copy of the chats was found - click "Restore".
After a couple of seconds, the chat history will be loaded on the new smartphone.